Paul and Sophie's Big Trip

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year from Oz

Well doesn't it seem strange to be seeing in the New Year in blazing sunshine.... I WOULDN'T KNOW GIVEN IT'S BLOODY FREEZING HERE AND THE RAIN MEANS OUR PARTY HAS BEEN MOVED TO A CRAPPY CLUB IN BONDI JUNCTION. Apart from that we have a new camper with a message on the back which is so bad I'm not even going to put it here, suffice to say we have seen parents rushing their kids away from the van before they ask what it means, and money is going very quickly here compared to India. However it is ridiculously beautiful in all directions and we are loving cooking our meals outdoors with the rainforest/beaches/harbour/lake as a view. We have been wine tasting which was great except we kept having to pretend we were winelovers looking to buy rather than the pitifully obvious freeloaders we actually were. We have also invested in a body board and now we totally fit in with all the other body-boarders at the beach - well except for two things 1)our board was quite cheap and has 'THIS IS A FLOTATION TOY ONLY AND SHOULD ONLY BE USED UNDER COMPETENT SUPERVISION' in big letters on it and 2) we are so bad at body boarding onlookers may suspect we need competent supervision.
Really this is just a quick seasons greetings to you all - hope you are having a wicked time and wish we could be there with you (with a magic plane to transport us back to Oz immediatly after)
Love you all and if you haven't been in touch for a while let us know how you are.
Love Sophie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry christmas and a Happy new year to you guys!

Im impressed with your burgoning movie careers.

The only good thing about being at work is that I am away from my stinking flat:

We had a party for new year.... which the Pites were almost solely responsible for ruining

Freddie projectile vomitted EVERWHERE. Apparently he thought the window was open.

I smashed the massive window in the livingroom. Unfortunately I cannot ban myself from my own house.

Anyway... have fun and take care.

Love Pop

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the party was grrrrreat! I found Fred sitting in a broom cupboard hugging the hoover. he was promptly sick all over the window, the silly Ket-Head. :-)

We had a wicked Christmas, getting lashed at every opportunity, as per every year!

What's new? Well I'm back on the Daily Mirror, doing features, and have been for the last week. Should have a decent show in tomorrow - my first so far - on Celeb BB. Apparantly the editor loves it and it was the best thing in the conference today, which is a great start.

I've also got a new girlfriend, Laura. She lives in Bush Hill Park and is a student journalist and she's lovely. Who knows how it's going to go as it's early days but we shall see...

And me and Nick are hoping to be in our new flat by early february. Fingers crossed - my parents place is starting to do my head in!

Sorry I've not been responding for ages - I worked only five or six days during December. And a mighty good December it was too - messy parties aplenty.

Miss you guys... How long you going to be gone for?

xx

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember what i said about Australians
they are utter w**kers.
Happy new year and keep enjoying

Ray Presto

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home